Patz Barn Cleaners
Patz - Barn Cleaner Unit
Since 1948, every barn cleaner Patz makes must meet its highest quality standards to provide you with the dependability you can
count on for your daily operation. We're the ones with the proven forged steel hook-and-eye link... the secret to Patz
performance. You can easily remove or replace links and flites without tools.
Your Patz barn cleaner becomes a wise investment for you over the years because it's built to last. The all-steel slide and
one-piece steel flites with wear shoes are engineered to withstand the rugged wear of everyday operation. And Patz barn cleaners
are adaptable to many layouts.
- Two Reducer Sizes: Each has a welded steel frame, grease fittings at all critical bearings, and rugged roller chain drive. Standard reducer for up to 280 feet (85 m) of barn cleaner chain, or heavy-duty reducer for longer pulls of barn cleaner chain.
- Reducer Breaks: The reducer brake prevents chain backup when motor is turned off. This is standard equipment.
- Final Drive Shaft Sizes: 1-15/16 inches (49 mm) or 2-1/2 inches (64 mm).
- Roller Chain Sizes: Standard Reducer - #60 and #40 Chain, Heavy-Duty Reducer - #80 and #50 Chain
- Flite Cleaner: The flite cleaner is under spring tension and scrapes every flite on the top and front. A clean flite assures efficient manure removal.
- Flite Catcher: The flite catcher is a metal plate with a beveled lip that receives the flite after it has been cleaned.
- Hold-In Angle: The hold-in angle guides the chain back to its proper position along the center beam and supplies required tension to the chain.
- High-Strength, Corrosion-Resistant Steel or Stainless Steel Slide: # The slide is constructed of 11-gauge HSLA steel for long life and welded to the center beam for greatest structural strength. Stainless steel slide is 12-gauge Type 304. 10-5/8 inch (270 mm) high, loaded side keeps manure in barn cleaner and surrounding area clean. Each slide is custom built and includes return slide lips. 10-year prorated warranty. Ask for details.
- V-Belt Drive: No need for bothersome shear pins. Chain speed is varied by simple changing motor pulley.
- Electric Motor: A 2, 3, or 5 hp. capacitor motor can be used, depending on the length of chain and the use of a standard or heavy-duty reducer. Your Patz dealer will advise you in selecting a motor.
- Return Slide Lip: (Standard Equipment) Keeps return area cleaner and helps keep chain positioned against beam.
- Hood Guard: The hood easily lifts up and out of the way for easy servicing. Fiberglass hood doesn’t rust - it remains attractive.
- Center Beam: is a big 4-inch by 6-inch box welded of high-strength, corrosion-resistant steel.
- Lubricant Applicator: Five-gallon capacity - place anywhere above chain during application. Can store in warm location so lubricant flows easily during cold weather.
- Chain Tightener: A spring-loaded bar that pushes outward against the chain and maintains proper chain tension automatically. Chain links can be removed without tools to take up excessive slack.
<< Return to Barn Cleaners